If you would like to contribute to this website's code, please adhere to the following code style guidelines.
- Please try to keep lines at a maximum of 78 characters.
- Favor clarity over brevity in naming anything.
- Pages end with
- Partials and layouts end with
- Use well-formed markup; elements are nested properly and do not overlap.
- Write elements and attributes in lowercase.
- Quote all attributes.
- Self-close empty elements with a space before the trailing slash: (
This website uses Sass (duh) in the newer SCSS syntax. We also use the following extensions:
Make sure you're using the mixins and such that they have to offer before rewriting something, unless you can justify otherwise.
- Use hyphenated class names (no camelCase or snake_case).
- For naming, use the general-to-specific approach. See this article for more details.
- Avoid nesting too deep.
- Write comma-delimited selectors on separate lines.